Thursday, January 1, 2009

~The Laughing One~

Little Brian

~The Laughing One~

Tomorrow you go home with your real mama.
You've had many mom's in your short three years.
Even me, you snuck your way into my heart.

You ran so fast. Kicked the ball. Brian noticed.
I looked for you--You had already seen me
Before I finished coming through the gate...
You were running. Arms round and round ~ so silly.

Your laughter broke down my defenses.
Your smile found its reflection in my own.
Head thrown back, a giggle erupted.
I decided I could take you home.

God added a room to my heart one day.
I don't think it will ever go away.

Sweeties and tears and laughing and running
And crying when you didn't get your way.
Silly songs and silly humming and pointing and...
"Mama! Look--a birdie!"

We packed our bags to leave for only a few weeks.
You saw us go and I saw...

The biggest tears running down your face.

I think your real mama heard you crying
And now she's coming to take you home.



The Lord bless you and keep you, and cause His face to shine upon you. The Lord be gracious to you and give you His peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, my pal. you made me cry...

Beth said...

now i miss little brian, and i didn't ever even meet him! =)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful blessing, Lindsey. God has given you such a big heart, and may he truly bless you both, and little Brian as well.

Mama PC said...

i'm crying too

Mama PC said...

i wrote you a LOOOOONG email

skim it if you must :-)

miss you!

May said...

We pray for little Brian and his family that they will seek God. I got saved when I was very young and always knew God was with me. I also lost my dad when I was very young and was comforted knowing God is father to the father-less. God has touched his life and will show himself to him in times of need.